The' War Technical School' at the time of Second World War is the present pioneer technical institute in the North
Eastern India named as 'His Royal
Highness The Prince of Wales Institute of Engineering and Technology
'. At the very outset of the institute at 1928 , the curriculum of mechanic certificate was introduced and almost all the outcomes
were engaged in the different works of American Soldiers. This
established in 1927 with the financial aids of rupees one lakh from a
great Assamese timber merchant Late Bholanath Boruah, who had given the money to the British Government in 1922
for establishing a technical school in the name of 'Prince of Wales' at
Jorhat. The institute came up fully to impart technical education from
16th January 1928.
After introductory motor mechanic course, a four year certificate course in Civil Engineering equivalent to diploma course has been introduced in
1948. From 1957 three year diploma course has been introduced in Electrical
and Mechanical Engineering Department in addition to the Civil
Engineering Department. In 1976 & 1978 the curriculum of
Automobile Engineering and Agriculture Engineering respectively had been
included to the three diploma course. The institute has acquired another
milestone with the introduction of Electronic & Telecommunication
Engineering and Instrumentation Technology curriculum in 1986.
Vision of the Institute:
"To become an institution of repute in Technical Education in the country by continuous efforts for improvement to keep pace with the ever changing global scenario"
Mission of the Institute:
To impart quality education by promoting state of the art education to develop technical professional competency.
To develop industry relevent employable skills and entrepreneurial attributes for self employment.
To provide value based engineering education to inculcate moral and ethical values.
To remain updated with the rapid changing technology in order to strive for continuous improvement.